Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Believes...in Serendipity?

I had my first "serendipaciousness" moment on my rainy, dreary drive home today. Stuck in traffic at the same spot it always backs up I realized I made it half way home without checking out any license plates. I look in front of me and I had my moment of fate or shall we say serendipity.



This one hit me like a ton of bricks. Here was my sign. Was it my dad in heaven, crying tears for me, telling me to stay strong? Of all the plates, and all the phrases, what happened in our magical universe that put this plate in front of my eyes?

What makes this plate so special to me? Let me explain...

My favorite movie is Serendipity. I know a little chick-flicky but I love everything about it. When we went to NYC this past winter, my DH surprised me with a stop at Wollman Ice Skating Rink (the one in the movie where he drops the glove) because he knew how much that would mean to me. In that movie there is a line that grabs me every time: "I think we make our own decisions. I just think that fate sends us little signs, and its how we read the signs that determines whether we are happy or not."  Now was this my sign that I've been longing to see?

My favorite Christmas movie is The Miracle on 34th Street. No, not the remake, the original from 1947 with a young Natalie Wood.  Here again, what is my favorite line of the movie? It's when little Susan is in the car with her mother and Fred Gailey. She's peering out the window and says to herself "I believe...I believe... It's silly, but I believe."

My favorite quote comes from none other than the late, beautiful Audrey Hepburn. "I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.

Now what does this sign mean? I would like to think a bunch of things:

I believe that this journey has made me a stronger person.
I believe that this journey has made my marriage stronger.
I believe that even if I can help one person get through this journey with an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on, that I've done my job.
I believe that this IS my month.
I believe that we will ALL get our BFP's.
 

7 comments:

  1. Amen girl!! Very inspiring post today. I've never seen the movie Serendipity, but maybe I need to watch it. Thank you so much for your comment and for your post. Today, on a day where I feel no hope, you gave me some. Thank you! I didn't post this in my blog since I was so down today, but I saw another BFP car yesterday. It was moving too fast for me to get a picture, but it's the second one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, the signs are all around us!!! It's just a matter of time. Hugs :)

      Delete
  2. Awwwww, I hope this is your month Darcy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here here! I can use some belief and positive thinking. Think I'll join in on that one! Thanks for the reminder to stay believing. It's powerful stuff! Our thoughts set the tone for the action that follows. I believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I truely do believe in signs that grab our attention when we need it the most

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...how sweet and so touch my heart!!! you made my eyes tear and hope we all get it this month. HUGS and LOTS OF BABY DUSTS TO YOU!! HOPE WE DID IT THIS MONTH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Experience from Uk. I was Married 4 years with infertility, my journey has ended with the help of Dr Oyama. I have joined many infertility journey blogs online just to have a comforted heart over my problem and this has helped me to find the right man to help me cure this devastating problem. As a patient of endometriosis stage 3, it was really difficult to have a child but with the help of Oyama I got natural herbs and conceived within weeks of herbal treatment and before I knew it, I was finally pregnant. I never believed it was possible after 9 years of marriage. Thanks to everyone who has helped me both mentally and emotionally through this journey Oyama solved my problem with his natural herbs and I promise to manifest his work to other people and friends. WhatsApp Message/Call him on +2348108264684 and Email Oyama at: droyamasolutiontemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete