Friday, October 19, 2012

What Did I Tell Ya?

Call me psychic (or psychotic) but I knew my ovaries were kickin' ass & taking names this month. Had my CD12 check-up yesterday and get ready for it...3 mature follies! The right was pretty mellow with only 6 smalls but the left, oh my favorite left, was kickin' it in high gear with a 20, 19.5 and 19 plus a gaggle of smalls. I was all psyched thinking I'd be on my way to an IUI today or tomorrow but I guess my E2 & LH had other plans. 

The original plan was to do my IUI tomorrow at their main office outside of Philly (the satellite office I go to is closed on Saturdays). I left with my little trick-or-treat bag of goodies including my trigger, the infamous little sterile cup, the paperwork and the magical pink solution to keep the swimmers alive. Get back to work and put the shot & pink stuff in the fridge at work (yes, it's a good thing I work in a small office. Don't need people messing with my trigger. I can hear it now...who left their drug paraphernalia in the fridge? Oh that's mine, just need  to shoot up tonight before I go to bed). Anywho, I get the call in the afternoon that we're just going to wait until Monday. WHAT? I have 3 mature follies and you want me to wait 4 more freakin' days (insert deep breath here and remind myself that they know what they are doing)? My LH & E2 aren't near the surge range yet & they say I have time. I calmly agree and make my appointment for Monday morning. After I hang up the phone, paranoia strikes again. I pull up my charts from my previous trigger cycles to see what CD I triggered & what my follie size was. Phew...I am reassured again and I feel the insecurity subside. Even though I have triggered 4 previous times on CD12, my follies never measured less than 26. Quick do the math, biggest current follie is 20 on Thursday, add 2 per day (average) take that until trigger day (CD14) and what do we get? 24. That's right Bob, tell her what she's won. Well, she's won a shot to the stomach and a chance for a baby. Yay :) Now, let's just hope that with me triggering late Saturday night that the follies won't go pop-goes-the-weasel before my appointment on Monday. If I find out it did when I'm laying there with a full-bladder and half-ass naked. I may just lose my bladder right there on floor. 


I usually don't ask for much, but I need all of you to send me some sticky follie vibes until Monday and pray to the deity of your choice that my follies stay strong.

6 comments:

  1. I will send you some sticky follie vibes so those follie dont go pop until your appt on Monday! Wishing u luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love that song! LOL! I feel so old now. Ha! Anyways, I am sending every single sticky vibe I have. My BFP license plate I saw is for YOU!!!! Have a great weekend growing your follies to their perfect size 'cause stuff is about to happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats a classic 90's hip-hop song! We're definitely showing our age :) And no, the license plate wasn't just for me...it's for both of us!

      Delete
  3. LOL, I feel so sad. My iPod is full of the hip hop east coast/west coast "classics". I'm all in my car with original snoop, dre, bone thugz, vanilla ice, hammer, biggie, tupac, etc. thinking I'm all cool. My BIL is 21 and was like, who are these guys? I'm like, really? Haha!! Good luck at your appt tomorrow! Hoping the RE sees gorgeous follies all ready to be perfectly fertlized! This one's IT girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! At my wedding I specifically asked for all 90's hip-hop and the DJ was like really? He said most people ask NOT to play that stuff. What??? He was our age and was thrilled that I told him he can play whatever he wants. He ended up being the best DJ ever! Oh and you can't forget Cypress Hill, Fu Schnickins & Grand Puba :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ladies are bringing back some memories with all that old skool hip hop talk. Can I get some Wu Tang clan up in here?!?! hehe GL this cycle Darcy! Follies are sounding absolutely beautiful. Cheering for you every step of the way here!

    ReplyDelete