Saturday, November 17, 2012

More Free Shots

It looks like Femara is deciding to play difficult again. Ended up spotting and bleeding up until CD10. Finally stopped just in time to have my follow-up appointment yesterday on CD11. My left decided to take a break this month and the right decided to step it up.  The right had one at 17, one at 15, two at 14 and two more smalls. My lining was only at 7 so we decided to add some more shots to the mix. I already finished my five days on 5mg of Femara and three days of 100 iu of Follistim each day so she gave me a junkie's dream bag of meds, needles and the dreaded pink solution again. I waited for my phone call yesterday afternoon after the blood work came back to get the final regimen before my IUI on Tuesday. 

Now before I begin to explain what I'm doing, I'd like to add that all of this was given to me for free again! Not only were the meds free but when I went to pay my co-pay I was told I had a credit so I walked out the door without paying a dime.  Again, I was one happy, happy woman.


Here's the breakdown of what I will have done for my cycle:
  • Friday (CD4) - 5 mg Femara
  • Saturday (CD5) - 5 mg Femara
  • Sunday (CD6) - 5 mg Femara
  • Monday (CD7) - 5 mg Femara
  • Tuesday (CD8) - 5 mg Femara & 100 iu of Follistim
  • Wednesday (CD9) - 100 iu of Follistim
  • Thursday (CD10) - 100 iu of Follistim
  • Friday (CD11) - 75 iu of Bravelle, 50 iu of Low Dose HCG & BD
  • Saturday (CD12 - today) - 75 iu of Bravelle & 50 iu of Low Dose HCG
  • Sunday (CD13) - Trigger around 4 pm & BD again
  • Monday (CD14) - Needle & drug free :)
  • Tuesday (CD15) - IUI at 7:30 am & BD at night
Now I know I said I would never use the pink stuff again but sadly there's a good chance we'll have to this month. My FIL fell off the roof after Sandy ripped a bunch of flashing off of it. He was up there trying to fix it when he accidentally tumbled down & onto the ground (luckily just missing his car and  the paved driveway landing on the grass). Fortunately he's OK, just a broken ankle and a few bumps & bruises. The only problem is he can't drive so DH has to leave super early to take him to his brother's who also works with my FIL. DH then goes to work since it's on his way. Even though DH promised he would give me a live sample this time, I think I'll let him slide. He says there may be a chance that his dad won't need a ride so I'm hoping that's the case but if it's not, I have the pink stuff with me. If we do end up using it, I'll wake up at the butt-crack of dawn to get pink stuff out of fridge & bring to room temp. Once it's to temp, molest DH and get the sample (hopefully fart-free this time), add the pink stuff, shove it down the shirt & hope once again that I don't kill the spermies.

I would also like to add that me + chemistry + needles = one hot mess! After mixing the Bravelle last night, I went to take the cap off the needle and it was totally jammed on. I finally was able to remove the cap but in the meantime managed to ram the needle into my finger, bending it. Since I didn't have any other back-up needles, I did the only thing I could think of. Wipe off the bent needle with an alcohol swab, do a quick test to make sure it still worked and then proceeded to ram it in my stomach. Didn't hurt at all and managed to empty the syringe so I'm guessing I didn't break the needle completely. Must've done a number on my finger though as it bled like a mo-fo and bruised up pretty quick. I definitely felt like Elf as my finger had a heartbeat for the rest of the night.  Here's to hoping it's smoother sailing this evening.

5 comments:

  1. Darcy, while it sucks you may have to use the pink stuff I'm so glad it's available and that it works. That is so awesome on the free meds and I'm so hopeful for you this round!!!! Lets bring on this BFP just in time for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome you have an RE who hooks you up like that! Glad you are making it all work despite the bent needles, injured FIL, need for pink solution, and ahem (farting?)...I must have missed that incident in a previous post. Will have to go back and read up. lol

    Fingers and toes crossed for a great sample at tomorrow's IUI. Sounds like you've got some good egg contenders too! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely fill you in. Oh and look up "I love the pink stuff". It was in that post :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Darcy. You're a lucky girl to get all of your meds for free. Totally jealous. Just found your blog and so glad I did. I'll be following your journey and routing for you.

    Jessah
    www.dreamingofdimples.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo hooo- awesome deal!!
    just wanted to let you know, I nominated you for the Liebster Award- go to my Blog for all the info-
    http://ttcaftertr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete