Monday, October 22, 2012

I Love the Pink Stuff

I will admit, I was a crying, paranoid wreck last night with the stress of adding the pink "sperm extender" to the sample this morning. I kept thinking I wouldn't get it to proper temperature and then kill all the spermies. I managed to wake up at 5:00 AM, take the pink stuff out of the fridge, then sit there with it in my hand while I brought it up to above room temperature. Woke up DH at 6:00 AM and  then began the mission. I'm not going to go into detail but let's just say it's a miracle he stayed focused. He gets the gold-star for being able to finish after laughing hysterically in the middle of it (ladies, please don't let your man bare-ass fart while you're trying to be romantic and collect his spermies. Let's just say tears of laughter will result). Added the solution and prayed like I've never prayed before. I shoved the cup between the boobs and bonded with his sperm for the next two and a half hours until my 8:30 appointment. 

I proudly walk into the RE's and pull that cup out and pray again. I sit there for what seems like forever until they call me back. She tells me to get undressed so I know I had to do something right. She tells me that his count is excellent and the motility is above 50%. Woo-hoo! I didn't kill the spermies!!! Don't know what that pink stuff really is called but whatever your name pink stuff, I love you!  She does one final ultrasound to see what follies we have to work with.  I was hoping for at least a 24 after having a 20 on Thursday. Unfortunately, only one grew, one stayed the same and one shrunk a little: 22.5, 19.5 & 18.5. Don't get me wrong, I'm still stoked that I have 3 mature follies and my lining is looking good at 10.5. She squirts them in and then has me lay on my left side for 10 minutes.  Now we wait...

I go for my P4 next Monday but the real fun begins this Wednesday when I get to turn my vagina into a dairy farm again. Bring on the Crinone and cottage cheese. Who knows maybe this month it will resemble ricotta. Oh, the dairy possibilities are endless! 

One little side note, I'd love to thank Chaseing Dreams for making my hour commute so much more fun today. I drove to and from work checking out license plates. Made the ride so much quicker. While I didn't find a BFP plate, I did find a HSX (which reminded me of my horrible HSG experience) and a FNP (freakin' never positive). Well, here's to hoping I have a better sign (license plate) tomorrow!

Photo courtesy of Chaseing Dreams and her lovely license plate spotting

3 comments:

  1. I cannot stop laughing about the bare ass fart during sperm collection. Oh, man.. I'm so glad that the pink stuff worked the way you had hoped and that your DH's swimmers were so great! Sounds like everything else went well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Total visual when you're describing collecting spermies from DH! It's times like these where we realize it isn't all easy for them either, LOL! More than happy to share a plate picture. Maybe we can have a collection of TTC plates. So glad you have three nice, mature follies! Keeping fingers crossed for everything going well on Wed. C'mon baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...describing Crinone using dairy terms. I have yet to use this stuff (waiting for the elusive BFP) but I have some samples of it and a prescription hanging out on my dining room table. Good thing the guests have no idea what it is. I'm oh so excited to use it now (insert intense sarcasm here)!

    ReplyDelete