Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My New Favorite Day: 08.13.13

It is with great pride that I'm writing this post to officially announce that I have kicked infertility's ass! We are obivously approaching this with caution but I can say that as of today I AM PREGNANT!

IMAG0601.jpg

I started testing out the trigger and the line never went away. At 10 DPO I knew I was on to something. It was one of those if you held it up to the light at the perfect angle, you could see the start of something pink. By 11 DPO, it was faint but definitely visible to the naked eye and by 12 DPO, I saw that wonderful, magical word "Pregnant". 

I had my first beta yesterday at 3w6d (13 dpo) and it came back at 86.2 which is right in range for this early in a pregnancy (average is 50-100). While this is great news, my progesterone level is what alarmed me, especially after having such a high number at 7 DPO. My P4 dropped drastically to 9.26. The minimum they want to see if 10 but like it closer to 20.  However, this number is a little deceiving as I have been on Crinone since 2 dpo.  Crinone is a vaginal gel that gets absorbed directly by the uterus  and therefore does not enter the blood stream (which is why the number was so low). I won't lie and tell you I haven't been consulting the evil Dr. Google the past 24 hours because I have. My RE's office sounded concerned but not totally alarmed just yet. She decided to switch me to Promtetrium 400 mg once a day to see if that helps increase the levels. I was inititally just going to pick it up tomorrow when I go back for my next beta, but I couldn't wait that long and just ran to the office at lunch to get my 10 pack of oil slicks. I can say this; I will not miss managing the dairy farm one bit.  

I will update once I get the results of my beta back tomorrow. I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for being such a tremendous support system whether through this blog or on any online support group. You all mean the world to me and without you, I would probably be in a hug-me jacket in a nice padded room as a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by now.  Hugs and most of all...BELIEVE!!!! It will happen one day for all of you!

DISCLAIMER: To those who know me in real life, the above information is privileged & confidential for only those who read my blog. I would TRULY appreciate if you do NOT say anything about this to ANYONE. Bryan and I will make our announcement once we feel that this pregnancy is viable and we have reached what we feel is our "safe" zone. I hope you understand why I did not approach you personally to relay the above information.




8 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! I was wondering when this news would make your blog. I was ecstatic to see this on BBC! I'm praying everything continues well and your progesterone improves and that this baby sticks. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! make you have a sticky little one and a happy & healthy 9 months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I get a whoop whoop?!?! SO happy for you darlin!! Will be praying for all to go smooth as butter with tomorrow's test. Listen to me...darlin,butter...what am I Southern all of a sudden?

    All those car rides with sperm cups between your boobies, adding the magic solution, and getting creative paid off! Congrats lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey. So sorry you're having to go through what you are. I seriously did not want to post this until I knew it was a couple days past your announcement (unlike your "friend"). I hope you're hanging in there and know that I'm thinking of you! Hugs <3

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Wishing you the best so you can reach your safe zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing news! Congratulations! Sounds like the docs are all over the P4...and that's a great first beta! Are you having a second done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had the second one done this morning. Sitting on pins & needles waiting for the call back.

      Delete
  6. I know I already said it on BBC, but I'm so freaking excited for you!! I'll be praying for more good news today! Btw, I remember reading about people waiting on results for a beta, and thinking, "oh my God. I'd never make it through the day." Then my dr. ad me do one every other day for two weeks. Every time I was equally anxious, but I did live through the day. I hope the day goes by quickly!!

    ReplyDelete