Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rockin' Ovaries

Big props to the menstrual gods who were on my side and let me survive the CD3 exam with minimal blood loss.  Looks like I have a chance at some good follies this month. I have 4 on my right and 7 on my left. We decided to go with the same regimen of 5 mg of Femara with a follow-up appointment next week. We're still debating on whether to do a back-to-back or single IUI. I mentioned to my RE my concerns about DH working so far away. This is probably common knowledge to most of you, but she told me not to worry that they have this solution that will allow the spermies to live up to 6 hours. This was a complete relief to me as I was wondering how we were going to work around his new schedule with no time off.  Again, the weight of the world was lifted off of my shoulders. 

Now for the good news!!!! I got the results of my blood work back and my numbers are phenomenal for an old had like me at the ripe ol' age of 35. My AMH is at 3.28 and my FSH is 5.21. Both are in the upper percentile taking my seniority into account. My TSH is also FINALLY stabilized at 0.60. This is the first time since I was diagnosed last May that my numbers have stayed the same for 4 months in a row. I think it's safe to say we finally figured out my perfect dosage of meds is 125 mcg of Levothyroxine.  With these results plus the amount of follies, I finally feel like things may be falling into place. 

I also brought up the idea of adding injectibles to the mix come December should I still not have my BFP. She thinks that with how well my body is reacting to the meds and my good reserve that it is definitely a good idea. Even though my insurance doesn't cover the meds, she said I wouldn't need that many and she could see about using donated meds to help reduce my costs. This is why I love my doctors. It really is important to have a doctor you can trust and who is willing to work with you and your financial situation. Not all doctors are in it for the money. If you find one who is just out to make a buck, look elsewhere! Some truly do care about you as a patient!

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!!! Looks like things are falling into place and that's awesome that they have this solution to help the spermies survive. Your labs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! Awesome labs lady. You should be thrilled! Even better to have such an awesome dr. So does the RE give you the solution to actually add to the sample in order to get it there in time, or is that something they add? Either way, I'm glad it will work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! From what she was saying, they give it to me to take home & add as soon as I get the sample. This will preserve it until I get there. I love science :)

      Delete
    2. Oh wow, that's very interesting. I've gotta admit that would seem kinda strange to me, but that's because we've only had one IUI so it's all new to us. Luckily I wasn't even home when it was time for him to give the sample and drive it there on his own. I mean, what am I supposed to do, go in the kitchen and start cleaning the oven or something? I think you should be a sexy scientist for Halloween. You could break out the costume when it's time to add the solution and make it more authentic. hehe:)

      Delete