Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Get the Tissues Ready

I came across this article through a special friend on Pinterest. I should've known the outcome but still I made the mistake of reading it at work this morning.  This woman describes everything we are feeling while traveling on this roller-coaster ride of infertility. She is so eloquent in her words that I couldn't even come close to how she is able to verbalize what my heart wants me to say. I just ask that you curl up in your bed or on your couch, grab a box of tissues and let the tears flow.


Now if only I could get everyone I am close with to read this. Then maybe, just maybe, it would give them a glimpse as to why I am the emotional train-wreck I am.   Sending big hugs to all of you (as I'm wiping away your tears).

3 comments:

  1. Big hugs right back at you! This was beautifully written. It's amazing how different all of our struggles can be, yet how much the same they are at the same time. She said it better than I ever have to anyone. I love her last paragraph, and although I relate 100% to everything else she wrote, I will try my best to focus even more on her final words from the letter...

    "Eventually I will be beyond the struggle of infertility. I know my infertility will never completely go away because it will change my life. I won't be able to return to the person I was before infertility, but I also will no longer be controlled by this struggle. I will leave the struggle behind me, and from that I will have improved my skills for empathy, patience, resilience, forgiveness, decision-making and self-assessment."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. I definitely cried. I'm feeling more at peace this cycle, otherwise, I could have flooded my house, I'm sure. I'm saving this to send to whoever needs to hear it should this struggle go on much longer. Hugs and lots of luck (or whatever it is that we all need) to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this! It's funny isolating IF can be, but when I read this it made me feel like someone else knew exactly how I felt. I'm posting it on my blog now too. :-)

    ReplyDelete