Monday, October 8, 2012

Raggin' & Proud

Here I am CD2 and have never been more excited to be raggin' it! Last cycle was a complete bust and I am so ready to get back to normalcy. Someone please make sure I NEVER take a sanity break again, please! Turns out I O'd super late on CD26 and my progesterone was horrible (guess I really do need those meds & suppositories).  I will be back on here again posting about what's going on. I apologize for being so quiet the past month or so but I really tried not to put any extra focus on TTC in hopes of lowering some stress. Yeah, didn't really work like I planned, but hell, what ever does? Go in tomorrow afternoon for the adventurous CD3 u/s & b/w where you just pray it's a "light" day. Seriously, out of all the crap we go through, this is definitely the one thing that grosses me out the most.  Why can't they gauge our hormones on CD1? You can create all these other amazing procedures like FET & ICSI but you still need us to come in when our vag's are bleeding like a ruptured femoral artery? I don't get it!



On a side note, I do have GREAT news to report. My DH started his new job today! Big hip-hop hooray for second income finally coming in. It's been a long 5 months with him being laid-off and we're both so happy to finally not have the stress of finances adding to our infertile journey. This is also another reason why I took off the past couple of months. Financially we were at our end. The only problem is that it's over an hour away so our timing is going to be a little trickier. His old job was located in the same business complex as my RE making appointments & "donations" very easy. Of course, this new job is the exact opposite direction. He was hired through a technical staffing company so he won't be FT for six months but that's fine with us. I am just praying their health insurance kicks ass and gives us some additional options on treatments. I am fortunate as my company pays my insurance 100% and does cover some treatments (IUI, bloodwork, ultrasounds, some meds). It does not cover injectables, IVF, ICSI, etc. I already sent him on a mission to find out what plan they have so I can look into it.  

Here's to hoping that this new job is only the start of good things to come.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on DH new job! and yay for a new start! FX this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megz! Hopefully it's a good sign of positive vibes for everyone! Can't wait to see if your shots and meds do the trick for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back posting, and congrats to hubby on the new job! You guys will find a way to figure out the new distance from the RE. Hope you get even more perks with the new insurance too, but what a blessing to have what you already do!

    ReplyDelete